Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Renewables :: sustainable energy


Water technology

There's been so much media blasts in the last few days about sustainable energy options, discussions on nuclear, wind turbine farms at sea, wave and tidal power, solar energy devices, biomass, and the debates continue.

Waterpower is something that particularly fascinates me and has done for many years. Anyone who knows me also knows I have a passion for watermills and waterpower technology. Twenty years ago when I was doing my first watermill restoration project I was also researching industrial evolution.

I believe the development of waterpower through the ages is taken for granted and so misunderstood. Industrialisation has come about by harnessing the power within water. Waterpower technology appears in most ancient cultures around the planet as means of manufacture going back millennia. Wind power is much more recent stuff. (I've written about this in more detail elsewhere, so ask if you'd like more on the subject.)

Thesedays we're beginning to learn more about - let's call it - "personal" water i.e. the fact that our bodies, including our DNA are mainly water; quality of water we drink; recent findings on the memory of water and it's crystalline structure, and so on.

I believe water is a potential power source for the planet's human population, and is the one of the least understood elements in nature. I am convinced there are deep revelations yet to be made and I'm not sure that scientists are much advanced in their research. I hope I'm proved otherwise.

Twenty years ago, whilst studying waterpower evolution, I had an intuitive channeling. My understanding is that the nuclear debate has very limited vision; the new generation of wind-turbine farms will be decommissioned and de-rigged quicker than they're being built. These are not the only options, and there's another story yet to unfold. The discovery of the power within the atomic structure of the water molecule will have a significant effect on power technology and the associated economics. My understanding is that, whilst other powersource systems are limited in their application or costly etc. etc., the harnessing of power within water is literally limitless, close to perpetual motion in a seamless feedback loop.

I also believe that when this is discovered it will also be a major indicator of the maturation of the human scientific progress.

No comments: