Sunday, April 16, 2006

Some Favourite Quotes


Beeing & BeeComing

“Nothing in this book is true, but that’s exactly how it is” Bob Frissell

“What day is it? – ‘its today’ – squeaked Piglet. ‘My favourite day’ – said Pooh.” A. A. Milne

“I can’t go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”Lewis Carroll

“It’s no good running a pig farm for 30 years while saying ‘I was meant to be a dancer.’ By that time, pigs are your style.”Quentin Crisp

“Sir”, I said to the universe, “I exist!” “That,” said the universe, “creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.” Douglas Adams

“Imagine” – John Lennon

“What is unseen, is not necessarily unknown.”Wendelessen

“See, I think we have to ask ourselves – and this is corny in a way – what are we doing here? And I’ve become convinced, after a lifetime of asking that question, that we have here to enlarge our souls, light up our brains, and liberate our spirits.” Tom Robbins

“Listen to your heart. Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.” - Paulo Coelho

“When you’ve seen beyond yourself – then you may find peace of mind is waiting there – And the time will come when you see we’re all one, and life flows on within you and without you.” George Harrison

... and, not forgetting ...

“According to recognised aerotechnical tests, the bumblebee cannot fly because of the shape and weight of his body in relation to the total wing area. But the bumblebee doesn’t know this, so he goes ahead and flies anyway.” Anon

No comments: